From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:39:42 -0400

For those of you who eat oats, here's a recipe that we just love:

Crispy Oatmeal Cookies

1 stick butter
1/2 cup regular Crisco
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill all-purpose GF baking flour
1 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups McCann's QUICK COOKING  oats (in the box)

Heat oven to 350F. Beat butter, crisco, & sugar, add eggs & vanilla and
beat well.  Combine dry ingredients except oats and add to batter.  Mix
well.  Add oats and mix again. Drop by rounded teaspoonfulls onto ungreased
airbake cookie sheet.  Bake 9 minutes or until cookies are brown around the
edges and no longer "shiny" on top. Makes about 6 dozen.

When I bake GF cookies, I always bake only one cookie the first time to see
if I have enough flour.  If I need to add more, that's when I do it.  Then
I go on to bake the rest.

You can add raisins or chocolate chips if you like.

-Mary/Milwaukee WI

*******
*******