From:
James Cafiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 22:11:55 -0500

Recently I have read some posts regarding antibiotics & "good and bad"
bacteria in the intestines.

Reading these recent letters called to mind a post that I wrote a couple of
years ago when I started to have mild symptoms.   My question dealt with
refractory CD.  I was honored to get a reply from Dr Joe Murray. He
mentioned the use of antibiotics after ruling out gluten contamination.

I recently used an antibiotic for a flu type infection and noticed that my
gut improved.

Are we Celiacs subject to flora imbalances?
What types of antibiotics are used?
Are there labs that can test for the "proper balance?"

I know that this is a partial repeat of some recent posts but I think this
may be an important research topic.   I have been through many invasive
tests in the past couple of years to no avail - it now seems that the
antibiotics have helped me.

Another poster indicated that with the recent use of antibiotics he or she
may be able to stop steroid treatment - wouldn't that be great.

thanks
jim

Checkout WWW.HIGHTECHSECURITY.COM for your electronic security needs