From:
Meredith Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:56:41 EST

Hi I've written before, but now I followed up with the Gastroenterologist
finally about the test results which he had told me were overall negative
and he gave me a copy of my results - here's what they were:

I had the Gliadin IGG/IGA AB prof, EIA test and that came out negative which
is less than 20 on their scale

I had the antigliadin Abs, IGG test which came out moderate to high positive
with a score of 31.  However he says this test is less specific though these
antibodies are more sensitve

Then I had the Endomysial IGA antibodies test which came out negative which
is less then 1:10

That's all I had done. He thinks it's enough to say I'm not celiac- what do
you think with these results and the one positive?

I also asked if i had been gluten free if it would affect the tests and he
said yes this was a possibility but unlikely, especially since I told him
that every once in a while I've cheated in small amounts on my gluten-free
diet.  But I have been mostly gluten free since age 8.

Should I see someone else and get a second opinion- especially since the one
test was positive? Or should I just keep eating gluten free and milk free and
leave it alone?

My one concern is that I may not be absorbing foods properly and that that
should be checked out.

And if I should see someone- know of anyone in the VA tidewater area I should
see? in Williamsburg?