Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:57:16 -0500

I am new to the celiac challenge (got my blood tests drawn yesterday)
and have lots of questions. I would appreciate any information you could
share with me about what cosmetics are safe and if there is anything I
can do to decrease the intense itching that several patches of angry
skin are causing me. I don't wear makeup more than once a week or so,
but I would like to be safe there, and I wonder about hand and face
creams, etc. So many of the lotions have alcohol in them. Also, what's
the problem with mono and diglycerides? Do they have gluten in them, or
are a lot of people just sensitive to them as well as gluten? Also, what
do you use for snacks or "take along food" when you are going to be
somewhere that you can't control what is being served, like at a party.
I've thought of string cheese and nuts, but that's a pretty limited
list! Thanks so much for any and all input. I would be at a total loss
without the information on this list.
Leslie