From:
Arthur Spiegel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur Spiegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:16:01 -0400

I just modified a recipe I found on-line and wanted to share it with you
all.
I bought a frozen GF pie crust at Wholefoods supermarket, so I cheated a
little. However, it makes the process sooooo much easier.

In a mixing bowl pour 2 cans ( 14 oz. each) of sweetened, condensed milk.
Add 3/4 cup of lime juice
Add 1/2 cup of sour cream

Blend the wet ingredients. Pour into you pie crust of choice.  Bake at 350 F
for about 20 minutes or the pie filling is bubbling.

Remove from heat. You can decorate with your favorite whipped topping or
make a meringue. Serve Chilled. Also, a bit of lime zest and a tiny slice of
lime is a perfect garnish for this simple but delicious pie.

Whipped cream is easy to make.  In a mixing bowl (I love my KitchenAid) pour
in a cup of heavy whipping cream (you can use a lighter variety, if you
wish, but I am trying to fatten up my little celiac patient). Add a teaspoon
of vanilla, or a bit less if it is too much for your taste and some sugar.
Whip until fluffy. Enjoy.

Merigue is also very easy to make.

Take 4 egg whites, add 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar and sugar to taste (1/2
to a cup of sugar). Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip till egg
whites are peaking.  Place meringe on top of key lime pie and bake until
meringue starts to brown.

Awesome and completely GF.  You can make this pie in an hour or less in the
morning and serve it for dessert that evening.  I made it last night and by
morning, when I went to the fridge, half the pie was gone already.

*******
*******