From:
Rodney Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rodney Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:54:56 -0800

Dear Celiac List:

[log in to unmask] posted an interesting article
that read in part, "Anti-tTG does not seem effective
to assess histologic recovery in the follow-up of
celiac patients."  If I read the article correctly,
many of the patients in the study continued to show
intestinal damage for 6, 12 even 18 months after
starting the gluten free diet.  After just a month on
the GFD, I feel better, but it wouldn't suprise me if
it did take 18 or even 24 months to heal 40 years of
damage.  My question is, how long does recovery
"usually" take?  For those who have had before and
after biopsies, How long did it take you to see
intestinal recovery and an end to signs of nutritional
deficiencies?  Thanks so much, [log in to unmask]