From:
Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 16:39:09 -0500

I am posting this for friends who do not have Internet access. Their
daughter, age 8, has a tendency toward emotional outbursts as well as some
chronic upper respiratory problems.  There is a history of wheat
intolerance on the mother's side and food intolerances involving food
colorings and additives on the father's side.  They are most concerned
about the behavior problems -- the outbursts are disruptive both at home
and at school.  The question is:  what are some typical symptoms of wheat
allergy?  They would also like to know how soon a difference might be
seen once the child is taken off wheat?  They have decided to take her
off of both wheat and gluten for two weeks as a test.

Please e-mail any responses to me privately at: [log in to unmask]
so as not to burden the entire list.  Also, please put "Wheat Allergy" in
the subject.  Thanks for your help.

Jane (in VA)