Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:22:45 -0400

 I received ten responses to my question about whether any else besides
me has taken an interest in the fact that gluten free flours sometimes
include "garfava flour" or fava bean flour.  The concern is that some
people who eat fava beans develop a type of anemia from them.

It turns out there are actually some people on this list who already
know they have favism.  Some of the other respondents avoid all flours
containing fava bean flour out of concern regarding favism (hemolytic
anemia caused by consuming fava beans).

Alice