From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 20:55:30 -0400

We leave early in the morning for Seattle.  Thanks to all who shared suggestions.  I know I’ve gotten more, but these are all I can find right now.  I was putting my list together to print out.  I’ll let you know how it goes.  This my first time on Norwegian, and my first time not scheduling any meals on the shore excursions.  My biggest problem is eating my gf protein bars in front of my grandchildren and kids and not being able to offer them any.  I already travel with more snacks that the average traveler, to ward of blood sugar drops (diabetes) and avoid eating junk on the run, and not having gf.  I can’t pack snacks for 8 people!  But I feel bad about it.  Thanks again. Here are some of the responses.

1. Red Robin on the water front.  Lots of things for the kids to see.  Check out the Curiosity Shoppe.  They have a shrunken head.  It is like a mini museum with trinkets to purchase.
·         The Restaurant has Gluten Free menu and they get it. Medium price.  Great for kids
·         1101 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98101
b/t Spring St & Seneca St in Waterfront

2. I don't know if .5 mile is something you would
consider walking distance with small kids, nor is the fare sufficient for a
full meal, but I have to recommend visiting Coffee &: A Specialty
Bakery in Pike Place Market.  The bakery is 100% GF and has wonderful eclairs.  You can see their website at http://www.coffeeandpikeplace.com/.  They are right by the Pike Place elevator on Western.

There's a Chipotle at 1501 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101.  (.3 mile from the Westin) I think I got glutened there, but I didn't ask them to change their gloves.  (I'd never eaten at a Chipotle's before.)

3. If you want to dart out and get some to-go food, and you are there on the right day, there is a gluten free food truck called I Love My GFF that is at 401 Pine St (.2 miles from you) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 am to 2 pm.  They have limited options, so, if you are thinking about trying them, you might want to check out the options first at http://www.ilovemygff.com/menu/.

4. There is a PF Changs right downtown.  Great GF menu.  Very safe to eat there.

5. Our favorite is Wild Ginger at 1401 3rd St.  Also with young kids, just go wander Pikes place Market and put together a picnic. Lots of options.  I beleive The cheese market (Beechers?) makes a gluten free mac and cheese.  You'll find Seattle has lots of Gluten Free options.

6. Just contact the GIG - the Gluten Intolerance Group.  (I’m a member)