From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:53:07 EDT

This list has been great and I learn something every day.  A listmember
just told me that storing foods in a garbage was not the greatest idea
because of chemicals, but to use the clear plastic bags.  This is the
information that I just received and I am going to make that adjustment
to my flour mixing routine.  Carol

I just wanted to let you know that Garbage bags are not all considered safe
to put or store food in.  A friend of mine who works for a restaurant once
cautioned me about this after I told her that some school employees were
kindly bringing bagels into the school for everyone to share in garbage bags.
  She said that unless they were approved to handle food that we could
actually be getting added chemicals into the food by storing them that way.

She did tell me there are clear plastic bags that are large that are designed
for food storage.