From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:00:29 -0800

OK guys, I have a new one for you.

I ordered a Shitake mushroom garden that will grow mushrooms in the
privacy of my own home.  Those little suckers are poking out of the log
now.  BUT in reading the fine print it states:

"Your garden is made of a base of hardwood sawdust (oak, alder or
maple), supplemented with WHEAT BRAN [my emphasis], millet and water.
The mixture is sterilized before being inoculated with the Shitake
spawn."

The question is - With wheat bran being part of the growing medium, will
the mushrooms contain gluten from the wheat bran?

The contents of my Thanksgiving omelet depend on your advice.

Thanks  Diane Holmes, Kirkland WA USA