From:
Noelle Kristen Beaudin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:02:47 -0500

Hello all,

My mother and I are both celiacs.  Since adhering to the diet I have had
absolutely no problems, but my mother has had constant troubles.

She is 63 and was diagnosed rather late in life, whereas I was diagnosed
while still in my teens.  My question to this group is on her behalf.

Recently she has had the following problems:
 - severe bloating in her joints
 - terrible pains in her ankles and hands
 - pains in her lower back

Her doctor has also informed her that she has a (unhealthy) lack of
phosphorus in her system, at which point he gave her a phosphorus
supplement which caused her no end of trouble.  She went off of that,
and has been harassing her doctor ever since.

If anyone has any information about these symptoms, please post to this
list - because my mom is driving me and her doctor crazy with this as
she is convinced that it IS related to celiac disease.  My research has
not shown this to be the case.

---
nkb
mailto:[log in to unmask]