From:
Jim Barron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 13:54:06 -0500

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> in the same fields in some parts of the country, and yes, they are stored in
> the same bins, but.... cross contamination is virtually nonexistant between
> these two grains. due to the large differance in size, the wheat is very easy
> to remove from the corn. ...

Since in any process involving large volumes of grains, some
fragmentation will occur  - leading to some wheat *particles*  and
*dust*  being mixed with the corn, and since THIS is NOT "easy to remove
due to the large difference in  size,  I do not believe that your
reasoning is sound.

IHMO, if the wheat was ever mixed with the corn you WILL get SOME gluten
in the corn.

I have often reacted to corn containing products.  Next summer I will
grow my own corn (as well as a number of other things) and see if I
react to THAT!   At least I will know what I am reacting to, if I do!