From:
Rosemary Bruno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 18:01:15 EDT

I am a newly diagnosed (6 months) Celiac - found completely by chance as
I am asymptomatic. The problem is my niece, who seems to have many of
the symptoms. Her pediatrician feels that since her mother has not been
diagnosed, why put her through the trauma of testing. She is 11 and very
thin. More recently she is losing more weight. She complains of stomach
problems, nausea (though she says she is hungry) but doesn't eat because
of the nausea, cramps, etc.

Does anyone know of a pediatric gastro in central jersey who may be able
to take a look at this?  Her mother is worried as are the rest of us. My
sister's GI md did not want to do an endoscopy while she was sedated for
her colonoscopy because "if you don't have symptoms, the endo will be
negative." My bx was positive without symptoms, 6months post gluten
free, it was normal. From what I have read, I am not such an exception
to the rule.

Thank you all in advance for your help and for the help and
encouragement you have given to me in the last 6 months.  Rosemary