From:
Kristin Paukovits <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:06:04 -0800

I just wanted to tell everyone about my wonderful
experience at Da Luciano's Italian Restaurant.  I live
in California, but I flew out to visit my
sister-in-law who lives in Chicago.  Luckily, I had
just heard about Da Luciano's from an article my
sister-in-law forwarded me from a newspaper in
Chicago.  We drove straight there from Midway airport
and I'm so glad we did!  It's a small family owned
place and they are all very knowledgeable about the
gluten free dietary needs.  They even had a "Gluten
Free Specials" board up in the restaurant.  The waiter
was extremely helpful and pointed out that they carry
the new gluten-free beer, New Grist, there as well
(which was amazing! my first beer in over 4 years!)
Just that morning the chef (Luciano - who came out and
introduced himself at the end of the meal and wanted
to know which one of us had the gluten-free meal) had
made FRESH cheese ravioli that was just to die for!!!
I also had some warm tasty garlic bread on the side.
That was the BEST meal I have had in the 4 years since
being diagnosed with Celiac.  I honestly now just wish
I lived closer!  I definitely recommend that anyone in
the area give it a try!  (Oh, they also sell all of
their dinners frozen for take out...and they're
working on being able to ship deliveries!)

Please check out the following website.  Even if you
don't live in the area, it's nice to drool over!  :o)
http://dalucianos.com/gluten-free-menu.cfm

I have no financial interest in Da Luciano's

~Kristin from CA