From:
Lisa Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 23:10:03 -0500

I recently had a manicure and the technician used O.P.I.'s Nail Envy as a base coat/strengthener.  I looked it up on the web and found that hydrolyzed wheat protein is an ingredient.  I contacted the company to confirm this, find out if there is an alternative and if any of their other polishes contain gluten.  Below is his response.  BTW, O.P.I. is a great nail polish line used in most salons and spas by manicurists.

"I'm sorry to inform you that all the Nail Envy products contain hydrolyzed
wheat protein.   However, all of our other products are gluten-free.   I
suggest that you try Start-to-Finish as a gluten-free substitute for Nail
Envy.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email us back.

Best wishes
Paul

Paul Bryson, Ph.D.
Co-Director of Research & Development