From:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 2015 21:01:08 -0500

Hello all,

I m headed off to Costa Rica in a couple weeks, traveling with one other adult.  I am experienced at traveling within the US, but have not done anything international Over 20 years, long before my Celiac diagnosis.  So, I am looking for advice on how to handle brining GF food on International flights (domestically I usually take a GoPicnic, and protein bars), but I don't know if there are differences for international flights.

I have the Triumph cards--does anyone know how those would work in Costa Rica?  From what I have read the usual diet there does not seem to have much likely hidden gluten, anyone have any tips about that? I speak a little Spanish, rusty from college, more years ago than I want to admit.

If anyone has specific suggestions, we will be in LaFortuna and Monteverde most of the time, just passing through San Jose on the way in and out.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!  I love the knowledge and kindness of this group!
I will summarize.

Melinda Freckleton, DVM
Firestar Farm
Catlett, VA