From:
David Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:14:50 +0000

Dear Listmates:

I have a curious question. My niece called me the other day to tell me
an interesting story. She has been having a lot of stomach problems
(diarrhea/bloating) off and on and was wondering if she could have
celiac disease. The past two days she thought she had the flu (really
sick) and went to a primary MD. She asked if she could have the antibody
testing done for celiac disease since her aunt has celiac (her mother
had colon cancer and now is doctoring Rheumatoid Arthritis). The doctor
not knowing much about it pacified her and took them. After some
diligent reading of medical books, he called her to tell her that the
IGG antibody blood test was positive but the IGA was normal. He
suggested that she see a GI doctor to follow up on this.

My question:  Has anyone been diagnosed with celiac disease just on the
IGG coming back positive?

Cindy in New Jersey