From:
Ann Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 18:08:06 EST

Welcome to another year and to another conference!  Gluten-Free Living is
proud to present its second conference customized for real celiacs who face
the daily challenges of living gluten-free in a gluten-filled world.

"How to Live a Happy, Healthy Gluten-Free Life "

will be held March 28-30, 2003 at the Hilton Hotel in San Diego, CA. The
pages of Gluten-Free Living will come to life as experts lead you through the
things you need to know to stay healthy, happy and gluten free. Here are just
a few of the speakers:

Alessio Fasano, MD, on the basics of celiac disease: What it is, why you have
it, how it is properly diagnosed, good follow-up care, what your future holds
and other pertinent, medically essential aspects of the disease.

Carol Fenster, PhD, author and teacher, on cooking and baking gluten free
with ease and finesse.

Bette Hagman, the Gluten-Free Gourmet and a celiac treasure, on adjusting to
the gluten-free life.

Danna Korn, author of Kids with Celiac Disease and Wheat Free, Worry Free on
how to raise a celiac child plus encouragement and tips for celiacs of all
ages

Cynthia Kupper, CRD, dietitian, celiac and executive director of the Gluten
Intolerance Group on the basics of the gluten-free diet and how you can
follow it faithfully and safely and still get all the essential nutrients you
need.

Ann Whelan, editor/publlisher of Gluten-Free Living, on attitude, suspicious
ingredients, diet perspective and happy, healthy gluten-free eating.

and others

There will be workshops on many topics:

How to Bake Gluten Free
How to Raise a Celiac Child
How to Travel and Eat Out
How to Make Sure Your Prescriptions are Gluten Free
How to Handle Celiac Disease and Type I Diabetes
and more

You'll meet other celiacs and share stories and tips. Perhaps best of all,
there will be gluten-free vendors of every stripe. You'll get to taste
samples, ask questions on the spot and collect take-home goodies.

Our last conference was a huge success. Many newly diagnosed celiacs
attended, and so did plenty of veterans. Here are some of their comments:

Thank you for a wonderful weekend. The speakers, programs, and  food were all
wonderful. My husband and I are going home with a lot of information for
ourselves and to share with other members of our family who have celiac
disease.

It was a great weekend. We got lots of information. The food was wonderful.
The speakers were excellent. Everything seemed to go so smoothly. Thanks to
all who made the conference a success. We are looking forward to another one!

An excellent effort. Could not have been better managed. From mail
registration to keeping the speakers on schedule, it went like clockwork.
Only complaint  is too much great food!

We are planning a weekend you'll never forget in a city that is one of the
best vacation spots in the country.  Space is limited, and our last
conference sold out quickly. So we urge you to make reservations as soon as
possible. For details, send your e-mail address to [log in to unmask]

Subscribing to Gluten-Free Living will give you a sneak preview of the kinds
of things you will learn at the conference. This 7-year old newsletter is the
most authoritative source of reliable information on celiac disease and the
gluten-free diet that you can find. Subscriptions are $32 for one year or $54
for two years.
       Payment is by check or credit card. Be sure to include your mailing
address and the length subscription you would like with your payment. You can
send credit card information (Visa or Mastercard) to [log in to unmask] or mail
check or credit card information to:

Gluten-Free Living
PO Box 105
Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706

Best wishes from the Gluten-Free Living staff for a happy, healthy new year.
May there be peace, love and joy in your hearts and on this planet.