From:
Steve Veach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 16:54:09 -0500

You wrote:

I am inquiring about Pappadums on behalf of my mother, who is gluten
intolerant. We recently found at our local grocery Indian Pappadums,which seem
 to be made of lentil flour and are gf. However, the only
way we know of preparing them is how my fiance showed us; frying
thwm until crispy. This is very good, but also very fattening! We
were wondering if anyone could give us more ideas on preparing
these tasty "lentil tortillas". Thank you,

====

I didn't realize that these were GF, but if they are, there is a much easier
way to prepare them if you don't think you will miss the oil.  Simply use a
hotdog tongs to lay them on a stove burner DIRECTLY ON THE FLAME as you
rapidly flip them from one side to the other.  They are manufactured with
oil already in them (most brands) and actually will not burn much once you
get the hang of it. They come our very crispy and with no oily feeling.

Steve Veach
UNISoft Consulting, Inc.
2021 Midwest Rd.
Oak Brook, IL 60521 U.S.A.