From:
Glenda Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenda Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:03:56 -0500

Listmates:

I have been diagnosed with Frozen Shoulder and wondered if any of you Celiacs have had experience with it.  The cause of FS is unknown, but it can last for 2 or more years!  I have had a really sore shoulder and upper right arm when trying to use it since last June.  Progressively, stiffness has set into area and I now I can barely raise my arm to shoulder height to brush my teeth or blow dry my hair!  Even getting dressed is difficult as I can't reach behind me or over the front of my body to zip up zippers or button buttons!  It is so very frustrating.  The theory is that once the shoulder becomes completely "frozen", the pain goes away but the stiffness stays.  At some point in time, up to 2 years or more, the shoulder begins to "unthaw" and the pain returns.  The strange part of my diagnosis is that the pain has lasted much longer than normal.  My doctor says it "could be related" to my compromised auto-immune system (CS, Sjogrens, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoporosis to boot!!) but that it has been diagnosed in people without any of these symptoms.  Most of the reading I have done suggests taking NSAIDS, or anti-inflammatory medication.  Because I developed Duodenal (sp) ulcers last spring from NSAIDS, I can no longer take them. YIKES! If you have been diagnosed with Frozen Shoulder, I would love to hear from you!  Thank you in advance for taking the time to contact me and if the responses are helpful to others, I will summarize.