From:
Stacey Nagel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:04:01 -0500

I just wanted to share some information with the listmembers.

I spoke with Manischewitz the other day.  If you call them, they will send
you a list of all their gluten free products (201) 333-3700.  Their chicken
consomme is gluten free if anyone is looking for a substitue chicken broth
for Swanson and College Inn.  You can usually find it in the "ethnic food"
aisle in the supermarket, not by the other soups.

I also spoke with Streit's.  Their Split Pea Soup Mix is gluten free (and
delicious) as is the machine that makes it. I'm hoping to get a gf list
from Streit's as well. Their number is 212-475-5000 (ask for Aaron).

I also got a call back from Cindy at Beatrice Foods (800-444-6101 x 2115).
She was very helpful.  I had asked about their Munster Cheese (since Boar's
Head won't say their munster is gf).  Their brand, County Line, is gluten
free as is their entire cheese line.  ONLY CAVEAT, was the Extra Sharp
Cheddar and aged cheeses, such as blue cheese.  Beatrice Co. is currently
putting together a complete gf list.  Until then Cindy told me that their
spread lines are gf:  Parkay, Blue Bonnet, Move over Butter, I Can't
Believe its Butter and Fleischman's Margarine.  Also, their refrigerated
and frozen Egg Beaters are gf as is Reddi-Whip.

Some of this may be redundant to previous posts.  But, I felt it was nice
to know the most recent gf status of the products.

Hope this is helpful.