From:
"E. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:11:30 -0400

Hi List,
    I have a question regarding leaky gut symptoms.  I hae been gluten-
free for 4 months and feeling much better;  although very slowly.  Last
evening I went to the Emergency Room for abdominal pain.  I have a
history of Peritonitis 15 years ago after a botched C-section.  The
doctor ordered a abdominal Cat scan.  I drank a huge amount of contrast
and immediately started having bowel symptoms,  spots before my eyes,
and itching.  I knew this was a gluten reaction,  but the test was
needed and I endured.  After dye was injected into my veins as well,  I
received my scan.  Results were cysts on my overy,  cysts on my liver
and fluid in my pelvis.  Is it possible for the fluid to have leaked
into my gut during the 2-3 hour wait for the Cat scan??  Is this what
leaky gut is?  Or is leaky gut something else?  I am not looking for
diagnosis,  but rather input from those who share my Celiac condition.
Thank you in advance.            Blessings,  Elizabeth