Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:33:15 -0700

Dear Megan,

     Thank you very much for your e-mail.  Barbara's does produce
several items that are Gluten-Free.  Gluten-Free items and Gluten
containing items are always kept separate and are made on separate
assembly lines.  Because we use Gluten in the same building where Gluten-
Free items are made, there is the slight chance of cross contamination,
although this would be highly unlikely!  It is something to consider,
although I would not be overly concerned as many of our consumers have
Celiac disease and are able to enjoy our products without any adverse
affects.  In the 30 years that Barbara's has been in business, I am
unaware of any complaint regarding a cross contamination of Gluten in a
Gluten-Free item.

Of course, if you or any other persons with Celiac disease started to
suffer from an allergic reaction to a Barbara's product or any other
product, we would encourage you to seek medical attention immediately.
Attached you will find a list of Gluten-Free items in two forms.  Please
feel free to share this information with your newsgroup.  Thanks again
for your interest!

Gluten Free Product List

The following products do not contain gluten. These products are
produced at facilities that use gluten-containing ingredients in other
products. Every effort is made to ensure that the above listed products
are 100% gluten-free. Notwithstanding, they may contain traces of
gluten. Please always read the ingredient statements of any product to
determine whether it is safe for you.

CEREALS
Brown Rice Crisps
Corn Flakes