From:
Jeanne Prine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 11:27:56 EST5EDT

    Hi, everyone.  I get itching in my ears, too.  It has disappeared
on the gluten free diet (I've only been on the diet since late
August) and reappears with accidental gluten ingestion.  Also, my left
ear sometimes blocks up so that I can't hear well on that side,
although my hearing is usually normal and tests as normal.
     Until I learned that I was gluten intolerant, I just accepted the
doctor's opinion that the itching was "probably just allergic."  I've
had to dismiss an awful lot of symptoms that way (or worse, as
psychosomatic)!  I also have some other food intolerances (chocolate,
for instance) that cause the outside of my ears to turn bright red
and feel hot.
    As for drug reactions, which I think was the original thread
here, I have had idiosyncratic reactions to the MAJORITY of
prescriptions drugs I've been given--including a severe reaction to
benadryl that landed me in the emergency room.  I have to use a
substitute (vistaril) for severe allergic reactions.  I am very
curious as to whether some of my allergies will clear up after I've
been on the GC/CF diet for a long time.
    Peace, shalom, and Merry Christmas.
    Jeanne Prine