Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:52:55 -0600

Hi to you all,
        At my Celiac Support group meeting last night an elderly man came
for the first time.  He had seen a article in our local paper about our
group and was excited to know about us.  He has always tried to do the
gluten free thing by himself.  He learned a lot and found out about some
products that he should have been staying away from (he had been eating
Kellogg's Rice Krispies for years, etc.)  He seemed to be so glad to have
found us as he still suffers from many celiac symptoms and is needing some
support.  Anyway, he brought two old, warn out food wrappers with him of
two products that he has been looking for for years.  He couldn't even
remember the town he lived in when he last bought these products but he
said he had enjoyed them very much and wondered if any of us knew where he
could find them again.  I was so touched by his request and the cute little
wrappers he carried with him.  I told him I would check with all of you to
see if any of you have heard of the products he is looking for.  One is a
bread and the other he called a cracker.  Here is what I copied off of his
wrappers.
        #1 - Gold Star Oven;  Rice Bread Pain Riz;  No wheat, gluten, corn,
egg, dairy, or soy;  22.4 oz loaf;  a product of Winnepeg, Canada

        #2 - Plain Rice Cakes;  Nature Foods Centers;  Salted, no fat

This is a shot in the dark.  I'll just wait and see if any of you have seen
either of these products.

Have a great day!  Kathy