Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:29:20 -0600

My two cents on Carrabba's is that I can't rely on them regarding the
grilled items on a consistent basis.  I inevitably always end up ordering
the Sicilian Chicken Soup, which is very hearty and mildly spicy, but on 2
occasions I was served it with the noodles.  The waiter was very embarrassed
but it goes to show you the breakdown of communication between the waiter
and the prep chef within a restaurant especially when it's busy which my
Carrabba's is always swamped no matter what time I go.  It was very
upsetting so now I am the whirlpool spoon detective before I put anything in
my mouth.  Then I order Sauteed Mussels, which is a true Italian dish and a
lot of work to make at home.  I like these so much I won't share and make my
husband order his own big bowl.  They use a dedicated pan and a workspace
for making the mussels in my restaurant, and I have watched them prepare it
because there is a bar overlooking the kitchen that you can sit and eat at.
The mussels are made with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper.  I
often bring my own bread to dip the juice and never let them toast it.  Then
I order Sicilian Chicken Soup to go, enough for 3 of us for the next day,
popping them open before I leave the restaurant, ever the gluten detective.
Carrabba's is very pricey, especially if you order drinks.  In my neck of
the woods, this is the only Italian outside food source for me.  GF pizza
prepared by someone else is a dream for me.  If anyone knows any GF pizza
sources in the Galveston/NASA area of Houston please let me know.  Dorina