From:
Susan Lerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 12:17:20 -0500

is permitted under the copyright laws, I want to tell her that she is far
from alone.  What can or cannot be circulated on the 'Net and how is a
constant topic among lawyers.  Your argument about "fair use" was a good one,
your point about this not being a commercial use is an important one under a
fair use analysis.  Please don't feel defensive, this is an emerging area of
law and so, one that is confusing.  Your good will is clearly evident in all
your postings.  We are all trying to figure out the "fair" eway to proceed.

Susan Lerner