From:
jody hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:46:08 PST

I would like to know if any parents out there would choose to not have kids
because of being celiac?I know there must be women that are thinking bout
this,whether to have kids or not because they have celiac disease.Me,I would
deffently have my children no matter what.If I had cancer or diabetes it
wouldnt change either.I have 3 children and all three have been on a
controled diet when they were young.Two are on there own and choose to
ignore the symptoms and I have to just support them where they are.All
through elementary school I would take there special foods and prepare them
special desserts etc.All the other kids wnated theres.They never made fun of
or teased my children.Before they started school I went to there class and
educated the children about there disease.When they were young they accepted
it and all thru there growing up had no problems.I think it is how you
present it to the children,and when they are taught well then they will have
no problems..It is like you are givng them tools to go out into the world to
survive..whether it is diet or knowledge.You can only do so much for
them,then they have to take control of there own bodys and diet.I know there
is alot of kids out there  who have cd, would you not want to have them if
you found out before you had cd?

Would you choose not to have children because of this disease?

Please make your comments to the listserv for all to see.
jody
oregon
icq#22357402