From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 11:37:36 EDT

I have osteoporosis and take Miacalcin Nasal Spray for it.  It is gf (made
from salmon) and no trouble to take.  I had another bone scan recently and my
bone density has improved.

New on the market is Viactiv - it's like a milk chocolate and comes in 2
flavors - chocolate and mochaccino.  A friend is a nurse who works in home
health care and nursing homes.  She said that's all they are giving in the
homes she works at this time.  They contain 20 calories per piece and are
available in drug stores, K-Mart etc.  I called yesterday and they are also
gf.  Sounds too good to be true.  Only drawback is insurance wouldn't pay for
them since they are over-the-counter.  The telephone number is 800-247-7893
or www.viactiv.com.  The woman I talked to said all Mead Johnson products are
gf.