From:
Chris Silker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 15:05:22 -0500

Thanks to the folks who responded to my question about Stoneyfield Yogurt
and Fantastic Foods. I'll summarize below. Just wanted to note that I found
a tasty salsa that seems safe (no vinegar or mysterious spices/flavorings)
at my co-op - Muir Glens Black Bean and Corn Salsa. Some of their other
types of salsa DID have vinegar, so read carefully!

Stoneyfield Yogurt
About five people noted that Stoneyfield Yogurt is GF. The most detailed
information I received was also posted to the list earlier this week;
suffice to say that almost all flavors of Stoneyfield Yogurt (including
their frozen yogurt; watch out for flavors with "brownie in the title!) are
gluten free. (There was also a Stoneyfield post to the list at the
beginning of May 1997 for you archive searchers - thanks for the tip!)

Fantastic Foods
"My daughter just received a faxed list from Fantastic Foods listing
their products that do not include wheat or gluten.  The soup
categories they listed were Rice and Bean cups, Potato cups, Only a
Pinch cups (Spanish Rice, etc), Hearty Soups, Creamy Soups, Chili
Ole'.  Under each of these categories they listed several soups.
I don't happen to have a copy of the list here at this time.  However,
 if you call 707-778-7801 or send them a fax at 707-778-7607 and put
it to the attention of "Meredith", she will send you their list."

[Note from Chris - I called and left a message and haven't heard anything
back four days later!]

"Fantastic Foods address:
Fantastic Foods
150 North McDowell Blvd
Petaluma CA  94954
They sent me a nice letter (they have quite a few GF foods) and some coupons.
PS: To find these addresses, I use the YellowPages website-- very helpful
<www.bigyellow.com>"

Caribou Coffee
No responses on Caribou Coffee Coolers! I'm waiting to hear back from one
of Caribou's distributors as to what the mysterious "Caribou Powder"
contains...

Thanks for the helpful responses!
Chris Silker
Minneapolis, MN