From:
Willingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:28:44 -0400

I've just got to ask this -- and I surely hope it will be posted and that no
one will take this the wrong way.  But why don't those who wonder if
products and restaurants are GF simply write or call the product
manufacturer or the restaurant at issue and ask?  Surely their reply would
tell you more than conjecture by people, wouldn't it?  I can see wondering
how others experiences with a manufacturer or restaurant compare, but isn't
the ultimate source of information about food...well, the source of that
food?  When we need to know if a product is GF, we call or write or email
the manufacturer and ask for a list. Almost all comply and those who don't
we don't patronize further, and if the lists don't look right to us for
whatever reason, we also don't purchase. But for the most part, manufacturer
replies are reliable. So are things like buying guides.

Just wondering...

Terri