From:
Diana Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 22:43:57 -0500

Again, I want to thank all of you that participated in the survey. This is
the second part of the information. Again this is not a scientific
experiment but instead a survey and should not be used as such.

The book "EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR TYPE" by D'Adamo/Whitney covers a great deal
of information including exercise, physical disorders, foods, history of
blood types and much more. I had one person post me from Australia who
stated that the diet in the book did not cover the type diet that a person
would eat in their country. Such as Kangaroo meat, Emu, and different types
of fuits and vegetables. This is one disadvantage to the book it only
covers primarily the American food diet, however if we look at all the
types of foods there are in the world it would be difficult for one book to
cover all the foods in Africa, Asia, Middle East,Europe and among many sub
cultures to name a few. However, it would be good if some other authors
from those countries worked together to make a book for different cultures
and countries.

Here is the list of food for people with B type blood to avoid.

Bacon, chicken, cornish hens, duck, goose, ham, heart, patridge, pork,
quail, anchovy, barracuda, beluga, bluegill bass, clam, conch, crab,
crayfish, eel, frog, lobster, lox, mussels, octopus, oysters, sea bass,
shrimp, snail, striped bass, shrimp, snail. striped bass, turtle,
yellowtail, american cheese, blue cheese, ice cream, string cheese, canola
oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, peanut oil, safflower oil, sesame oil,
sunflower oil, cashew nuts, filberts, pignol nuts, pistachio nuts, peanuts,
peanut butter, poppy seeds, pumkin seeds, sesame butter, sesame seeds,
sunflower butter, sunflower seeds, aduke beans, azuki beans, black beans,
garbanzo beans, pinto beans, lentils, black-eyed peas,amaranth, buckwheat,
cornflakes, cornmeal, cream of wheat, kamut, kasha,wild rice artichoke
pasta, artichoke, avocado, corn, olives, pumpkin, radishes, mung sprouts,
radish sprouts, tempeh, tofu, tomato, cocunuts, persimmons, pomegranates,
prickly pear, rhubarb, starfruit, Aloe, colts foot, cornsilk, fenugreek,
getian, goldenseal, hops linden, mullein, red clover, rhubarb, senna,
shephard's purse, skullcap, distilled liquor, seltzer water, soda

Here are the foods for people with AB type blood to avoid.

Bacon, beef, ground beef, buffalo, chichen, cornish hens, duck, goose, ham,
heart, partridge, pork, veal, venison, quail, anchovy, barracuda, beluga,
bluegill bass, clam, conch, crab, crayfish, eel, flounder, frog, haddock,
halibut, herring(pickled), lobster, lox, octopus, oysters, sea bass,
shrimp, sole, striped bass, turtle, yellow tail, corn oil, cottonseed oil,
safflower oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, bilberts, poppy seeds, pumpkin
seds, sesame butter sesame seeds sunfloer butter sunflower seeds,aduke
beans, azuki beans, black beans, fava beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans,
lima beans, black-eyed peas, buckwheat, cornflakes, cornmeal, kasha,
kamut,corn muffins, kasha buckwheat, artichoke, artichokes, avocado, corn,
lima beans, black olives, peppers, radishes, mung sprouts, radish sprouts,
bananas, coconuts, guava, mangoes, oranges, persommons, pomegranates,
prickly pears, rhubarb, starfruit, orange juice, allspice almond extract,
anise, barley malt, capers, cornstarch, corn syrup, plain gelatin, pepper,
tapioca, white vinegar, ketchup, pickles, relish, worcestershire sauce,
Aloe, coltsfoot, corn silk, fenugreek, gentian, hops, linden, mullein, red
clover, rhubarb, senna, sheperd's purse, skullcap,distilled liquor, sodas,
black tea.

Foods that encourage weight gain: Wheat gluten, corn, kidney beans, navy
beans, lentils, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mustard greens.

Foods that encourage weight loss: kelp, seafood, salt from seafood and
kelp, liver, red meat, kale, spinach, and broccoli.

Exercises for O type: Aerobics, swimming, jogging, weight training
treadmill, stair climbing, martial arts, contact sports, calisthenics,
cycling, brisk walking, dancing, roller skating.

Personality: A strong self-reliant leader. "You respond best to heavy
physical exercise-in fact, you become depressed, despondent, and overweight
when you are deprived of it.
   Perhaps you have also inherited the drive to succeed and the leadership
qualities of Type O's-strong, certain and powerful-blushing with good
health and optimism."

Foods that encourag weight gain for A type: Meat, dairy foods, kidney
beans, lima beans, wheat(in overabundance)

Foods that encourage weight loss: vegetable oils, soy foods, vegatables,
pineapple.

Exercise for A type: TAI CHI, hatha yoga, martial arts, golf, brisk
walking, swimming, dance, low impact aerobics, stretching.

Medical Risk factors for O type: Blood-clotting disorders, inflammatory
diseases and arthritis, low thyroid production, ulcers and allergies

Medical Risk factors for A type: Heart disease, cancer, anemia, liver and
gallbladder disorders, type 1 diabetes.

Medical Risk factors for B type: Type 1 diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome,
auto-immune disorders-Lou Gehrig's disease, lupus, multiple sclerosis

Medical Risk factors for AB type: Hear disease, cancer, anemia.
Personality: "Type As, even today, tend to have more tightly wired systems,
They bottle up their anxiety-because that's when they explode..." They are
also can be clever, sensitive, passionate, and very smart.

Foods that encourage  weight gain for B type: corn, lentils, peanuts,
sesame seeds, buckwheat.

Foods that encourage weight loss: green vegetables, meat, liver, eggs/low-
fat dairy products, licorice tea.

Exercise for B type: Aerobics, tennis, martial arts, calisthenics, hiking,
cycling, swimming brisk walking, jogging, weight training, golf, TAI CHI,
hatha yoga.

Personality: "They have elements of the mental, more sensitvely agiated
activity of hte Type A, with the sheer physical reactions and agression
of the type O." "A notable statistic: while Type B blood constitutes
only 9 percent of the United State population, some 30 to 40 percent of
all self-made millionaires are type B! pg 185

Foods that encourage weight gain for AB: Red meat, kidney beans, lima
beans, seeds, corn, buckwheat, wheat.

Foods that encourage weight loss: Tofu, seafood, dairy, green vegetables,
kelp, pineapple.

Exercise of AB: Tai Chi, hatha yoga, aikido, golf, cycling ,brisk walking,
swimming, dance, low-impact aerobics, kiking, stretching.

Personality: "The result is a spiritual, somewhat flaky nature that
embraces all aspects of life without being particularly aware of the
consequences." These make them very popular and often healers and spiritual
at the same time diplomatic.

An example of an intolerance to one of the foods: "I'm allergic to peanuts,
but you say they're a highly beneficial food for my blood type. Are you
saying I should eat they?I'm Type A."

   "No...These reactions are generated by the immune system, which creates
anibodies that resist the food. Chances are, a person with Type A blood
would not be allergic to peanuts, which contain friendly, A-like
properties. You may, however, be intolerant to peanuts. That means you have
digestive distress when you eat them." pg 342

Besides the diet I did notice a consistancy of people who had problems with
soy. I'm wndering it it might be related in some way to our Celiac like
milk and dairy products can be. I know all three of my children had
problems with the regular formula when they were babies and had to be on
soy formula, do any you remember if had reactions to regular formula when
you were babies? Also having listed the health risk problems, how many of
you have these problems currently or used to have them? I will summarize my
results when I get them in. I had many good responses to the book and a
couple that did not do well on it since they had reactions to some of the
foods on the list for their blood type. I did not list any of the gluten
containing foods since most of us would not be able to eat them. If you
ould like to know more about this book one person posted me that they found
it in the library and there is also interlibrary loan.

Thanks, Diana at [log in to unmask]