From:
Debora Moes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 22:07:23 -0500

Dear Listservers,

Today I called Proctor and Gamble regarding a cold medicine for the GF
status. The women on the phone was very helpful.She gave me a list of
cold medicines that CONTAINED gluten and a list that are gluten free.

the following products are those that contain gluten: Adult nyquil,Adult
44,children's nyquil,Dayquil,
Pediatric 44,plain vicks cough syrup and Vicks drops.

the following three items are GF: Vicks inhaler,sinex,and vicks vapo
rub.

She invited all to call Proctor and Gamble to obtain the GF status on
any of their products,she acknowledged that Celiac Disease was serious
and put in a customer request for all lables to reflect the Gluten
status. This is the first time that  I have made any calls to check so I
thought I would pass along the information I recieved. I hope this will
help those who may ahve been wonderinga bout these meds.

Debora Moes