From:
J Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 12:43:55 -0800

A question for anyone  - or possibly any of the medical advisors on the
list:

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who was diagnosed  when she was 16
months.  I would like to think that I have been very successful in
avoiding all gluten in her diet.  However, there is a possibility that
she may have accidently gotten small amounts from time to time but has
not displayed symtoms.  (It will be easier to know this as she gets
older and can tell me more things.)  I would like to know if there is a
possibilty that she could be deficient in certain vitamins or minerals.
As she grows up, should I keep a check on this through blood tests?  I
hate to just give vitamin supplements thoughout her life and hope that
does it.

One other question:  I understand that there is a study going on where
baby teeth from siblings of a Celiac child are needed.  Does anyone know
if participants are still needed and if so, who do I contact?

Thanks.
Jenny
[log in to unmask]  (Illinois)