From:
Scott Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:00:51 -0500

We couldn't be prouder of our new granola cereal. This brand new product is irresistable in two flavors: Very Berry (with real raspberries and strawberries) and Cinnamon Crunch (with plump raisins). As nutritious as it is delicious, our granola offers a great way to sneak more fiber, protein and omega-3's onto your plate. Try it straight from the bag as a crunchy snack or  yummy addition to your trail mix; add milk, yogurt or non-dairy substitute for the perfect meal. Enjoy Life Foods' granola also bakes up great in recipes, from muffins to fruit crisps to pie crusts - oh my! See package for instructions and below for our favorite (and easy!) new summer recipe, Very Berry Pie.

4th of July Special: Order at least $15 of Enjoy Life Foods cookies, bagels, snack bars, and/or cereal, and get one bag of granola cereal FREE! Offer good through Friday July 11th. Log onto www.enjoylifefoods.com to place your order or call 888-50-ENJOY.

Very Berry Pie
Crust:
1 1/2 cups of Enjoy Life Foods' Very Berry Granola Cereal
1 Tbs Rice Flour
4 Tbs Oil, Butter or Margarine
1 Tbs Brown Sugar

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until fine. Pat into a greased 8" pie crust. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.

Filling:
1 Pint Fresh Strawberries - sliced
1 Pint Fresh Raspberries
1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
1 Cup Fruit Juice (orange, cranberry, cherry or raspberry)
1 1/2 Tbs unflavored gelatin
1 10 oz Jar Raspberry All-Fruit Spread
Whipped Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream or Non-Dairy Substitute (optional)
Extra berries for garnish

Heat fruit juice in a saucepan until boiing. Remove from heat and sprinkle with unflavored gelatin - mix well. Stir in raspberry spread until blended. Let cool to room temperature, then add berries. Pour mixture gently into crust, cover and refrigerated until firm (2-3 hours). Top with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or non-dairy substitute. Garnish with extra berries. Enjoy!

Regards,

Scott B. Mandell
President
Enjoy Life Foods