From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:57:05 EDT

Hi Members,

Hope you all had a great 4th of July and are ready to enjoy the rest of our
 beautiful summer.

We only got two responses to the trip to GF Joes so we are, therefore, not
going to be taking a bus down there on Aug. 15th. What we are going to be
doing  is having a meeting all about the gluten free diet in the Auditorium
at Harrison  Medical Center in Bremerton at 1:00pm on August 15th.

I will have some handouts and we will have a good discussion on the newest
changes and additions to the GF diet. I have been told that we don't
concentrate  on the diet enough so here is our chance to talk about ingredients,
recipes and  how we all adapt to this diet in our different ways. I will
invite persons who  are knowledgeable about different phases of the diet and it
will be open to  questions and answers.

I hope this appeals to you all and that there will be a good turnout on
Saturday, Aug. 15th at 1:00pm.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me at 360 477-4548
 or [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) .

Also, if anyone has a little time on their hands and would like to help out
 with the cooking at Camp Sealth on Vashon Island for the GIG Children's
Camp,  please also let me know. We need a few committed workers to help us
out. The  dates are any day within the two weeks of camp, which are July 28th
thru Aug.  7th. Housing, in a lovely home, is supplied and you can have all
the smiles and  happiness that you can take home with you from camp. The kids
are wonderful and  really appreciate all the work Cynthia and her crew do.
It's a great experience  in gluten free cooking and finding out one more way
in which GIG improves the  lives of children with Celiac Disease and
Diabetes.

Put the date of the meeting on your calendar please, and we'll see you
then.

Thank you,

Sue Eliot
Branch Manager