Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:03:12 -0500

I just discovered that my favorite lip balm by Kiehl's contains wheat
germ oil!  In fact, according to the company's website (kiehls.com),
wheat germ oil is an ingredient in at least nine other products:

Body Massage Oil
Deluxe Hand & Body Lotion with Aloe Vera & Oatmeal
Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse
Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse with added Coconut
Foaming Non-Detergent Washable Cleanser
Instant Satin-Soft Body Rub Moisturizer
Intensive Treatment and Moisturizer for Dry or Callused Areas
Light Lip Gloss
Lip Balm #1
Lip Balm SPF 15

I never thought to check the ingredients, because I assumed the lip
balm was nothing more than vasaline.  I believe this has been the
source of my recent relapse of gluten-related symptoms.

Please remember to check the ingredients of everything, even your old
favorites and seemingly innocent products (like chapstick or
cosmetics!)