From:
D Kephart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 21:55:51 -0500

I have not had a colonoscopy for a true diagnosis for celiac but I did have
diagnosis about 2 1/2 years ago for Crohns.  I did not believe that the
problem was Crohns because I didn't really have any of the symtoms of
Crohns.

  I had a baby in 1996 and immediately after had major bleeding.  I had no
bowel problems except for bleeding from what turned out to be fissures.  I
was coaxed into surgery to cut the spinter muscle so the fissures could
heal.  This lead to an abcess two weeks after surgery.  This was the
beginning of a terrible ordeal.

Needless to say, I was in the hospital, on very strong antibiotics, and
then on to steriods for eight months.  I moved about 1 1/2 years after the
start of the intestinal problems.  I found an alternative MD, who was
stunned when I told him the story.  He did some special blood work and
found that I had Candidiasis and I had elevated IGA tests.  .  Could the
elevated Gliadian testing have come from all of the infection, yeast
overgrowth, etc?   I have taken medication, Nystatin, tried Collidal Silver
and had a allergy test for Yeast.  I had a very bad reaction to the yeast
test.  So, I cannot eat anything with yeast in it either.

I really don't know what my next step is?  Has anyone had any similar
problems with infection and yeast problems?  Did this cause you  to become
gluten intolerant?  Once you got the yeast and infections cleared up did
the gluten intolerance go away?  Or did you then get an official diagnosis?
 I am having a really hard time with the diet and I don't think you can
even make bread without yeast?  Anyone please help.....

Dawn