From:
Betty Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betty Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 16:26:21 -0700

Hello Listmates,

I have been having the following problems and thought that maybe you all could shed some light on this for me:

Shaking, chest flutters, palpitations, hot flashes, confusion, headaches, sleep distrubances, blurry vision, fuzzy headed, fatigue, bouts of diarrhea, bone pain, restless legs, purpura on torso, occasional incontinence, depression and a neuroma in my right foot.  I recently had a thyroid scan ("thyroid is full" per doctor) no results yet, also a 24 hour uriine test for adrenal glands.

I have been totally gluten free for 8 months and only purchase from gluten-free companies with dedicated lines.  I do not eat out.

Besides CD, I have been diagnosed with osteopenia and  fibromyalgia.  All blood tests are normal except from Bun/creatinine ration of 26 - doctor said no big deal.  My Cardio CRP risk is a 7.  My blood pressure was 159/98 so the doctor prescribed Inderal 10 mg am/pm when my bp did not go down he upped the dose to 20mg am/pm.  I am 52.

The shaking and blurry vision are a real pain as I cannot read very well.  My doctor is not sympathatic to Celiac Disease and I have heard from many other Celiacs with the same problem in our area, no local doctors are educated on CD and don't seem to want to be educated on the extended problems that we seem to suffer.

I had to quit my job 8 months ago because I was falling asleep at my desk and my memory lapses were a big problem, not to mention the ongoing diarrhea.  Does anyone have any ideas on disability benefits for celiacs?  If my doctor doesn't take me seriously how can the disability board?????

Betty