From:
Bonnie Zaben <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Zaben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:14:29 -0500

Just came back from a one week Caribbean cruise on Holland America and had
no food issues.    They are set up to GF and really do it well:  they stock
many GF options and I  had no cross-contamination issues.    Each night,
they provided the GF passengers with the next day's menu, which was modified
for us.  Even made us special sops and a flourless chocolate cake.   We had
pre-ordered breads, muffins, etc and they had them waiting for us.

I'm pretty sensitive and react the slightest amount of gluten.  For the
first time in a long time, I was able to travel and eat with relative ease.
Would do it again in a heartbeat.

If you go: call their Special Diet people at least 30 days in advance.
There's a GF form, where you make your bread and dessert requests.  And eat
your dinners in the main dining room and stay with the same waiter.   That's
what made it much easier for us.

Bonnie in NYC

*******
*******