From:
Yutta Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:05:40 -0700

Hello All,

I am just coming back home from a dinner at a new restaurant in Seattle.
It is an elegant grill/asian/japanese/steak and salmon kind of place.
they have several choices of seating, I was a japanese style table where
the cook prepares the food right in front of you.  I told him that I was
Celiac and can't have any wheat derived products.  The first he did was
taking away the soya sauce based dips and replaced them with others. He
cleaned the grill and the utensils before he cooked for me and my
companion and he explained to me (!) what I can have and what I can't
have.  Nice reversal for a change. Food was out of this world, the best
salmon I've ever had. For dessert I had mochi, which were outstanding.
My compagnion had some white chocolate cup filled with some creamy
something.  I wasn't too sure, so the cook went out of his way to find
the label for the chocolate shell.  Service is great. Great place for a
date, nice bar, roof terrace, elegant and tastefully done. "Nara Grill",
2027 5th Ave, almost straight across the street from the Westin. They
also have a sushi bar or regular table seating. That and the Outback are
my new favorite ones.

before I left the "Nara Grill", I talked briefly to the owner (Chris)
and asked him about having Celiacs come to his place. He said, he will
be happy to welcome us and help us in any way possible.

Jutta