From:
Lori Kelley-Mull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Kelley-Mull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 07:30:09 -0400

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to follow-up on our conversation about the Austin Grill.  My husband and I went to the one in Springfield, VA last night and had a wonderful experience.  The bartender knew about the gf menu and was able to make me a gf margarita while we waited on our table.  The waiter was very friendly, knew about the gf menu, and assured me they are very careful about the gf offerings in the kitchen.  I even forgot to substitute corn tortilla when I ordered my fajitas - but he remembered and just automatically brought corn instead of flour.  They did not know about CD, however, so I informed them of the disease.  Did they just think it is a personal choice?  Funny.

I feel fine - so far so good.  I believe I react rather quickly so I think I would know by now if I accidently ingested gluten.  Just wanted to let you all know that it went well and they were well versed on their gf menu (which is quite extensive, for those of you who can get to an Austin Grill).

Lori in Virginia