Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:47:51 -0000

Hi everybody!

I asked about recipes for GF hot cross buns. Here's a summary
of replies:

********

You can use any bread recipe that works for you--just add more sugar to
make a sweet dough, some raisins to your taste and citron if you prefer.
Roll into balls and place side by side in a pan, let rise then bake.
The x is made by combining confectioner's sugar with milk (whatever form
your like),  Take about 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and add milk to
correct consistency.  You can add a bit of lemon peel to both batter
and icing for flavor.

********

look in the archives- I posted a recipe to the list last year.
Mary Thorpe     (no luck yet, my command was wrong - Sue)

********

No recipe--but you can order them from Kinnick Kinnick Bakery in
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada over the internet--they deliver!

********

The Gluten- Free Gourment by Bette Hagman has the recipe.

********

my guess is a sweet bread with those currant things and frosting on top.

********

For those in the UK, I received this email just yesterday &
rang the number - they are now sending me the "Feedback"
mentioned:

Today I received Issue No. 1 of Juvela Feedback which contains a recipe for
H.C.Bs.  They have given their Advice Line telephone number on 0151 228
1992, refering to more GF Easter ideas, so I presume the Feedback could be
requested from that number. They also have an Inernet address (
http://www.juvela.co.uk )

********

I haven't tried making any yet, but at least now I have some
ideas :)  Thanks again :)

Best wishes
Sue O <[log in to unmask]> in overcast England