From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 10:56:54 -0400

With regard to the summary of last week, does anyone take milk thistle to keep their liver cleaned out and healthy? I'm planning on taking milk thistle after having some elevated readings and discovering I have a slightly fatty liver (slightly fatty...matches the rest of me).

It is also supposed to reduce cholesterol. I went on Zocor in January and responded well, but my doctor is willing to let me go off the Zocor and just do the milk thistle. (And healthy diet and exercise...which I do anyway.)

Has anyone had success with this?

Nature Made makes a gluten-free milk thistle. I bought it, but wanted to wait until I finished doses of other unrelated meds first. I also checked with my pharmacy to make sure milk thistle wouldn't conflict with any drugs I'm on (having to do with how they're processed by the body.)

Lin