From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 06:59:25 -0700

Hi All--

I don't have much to add to Bev's list, but for those
of us who work, I thought soon after the Sept. 11
tragedy that to be truly prepared, I would need to
prepare two emergency kits - one to keep at work and
one for home. There is some difficulty with an
emergency kit at work...we have no place to lock it
up.

According to resources I've found on our celiac sites,
the kit should contain enough to get us through two
weeks. Considering just the water, I'm not sure I
could find a container small enough that I could
carry. Also, I thought the container should be fairly
durable and perhaps lockable, especially if, in an
emergency, we are taken to a community area. I
couldn't afford, as I'm sure is the case for most of
us, to have my food stolen.

Does anyone have any additional thoughts or even
suggestions on how to get around making two kits
and/or how to make the container a manageable size and
weight?

Ayn/Kansas