From:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:23:56 -0700

Try pomegranate juice, or pomegranates in general. My nearby supermarket,
Safeway (in California in U.S.), has started carrying a bottled juice called
POM, which is the juice from pomegranates. They stock the juice in the
refrigerated produce section of the store. Cost is like $5 for 24 ounces of
juice, $3.69 for 16 ounces. It is not inexpensive but I am getting good
results with it.

My friend from the middle east (it is possible to have friends from
everywhere on the planet I have discovered) told me that pomegranate juice
has long been known to help with intestinal disorders (long known to
Persians, he is from Persia). He suggested I try an importer kind of market
and look for pomegranate juices produced in Greece or Italy, as they
typically sell for $4 for 32 ounces.

I have seen pomegranate juice at TJs and Whole Foods here in California. I’m
sure most specialty type stores would carry it. Try to avoid the stuff with
high fructose corn syrup or added sugar, as the juice by itself is naturally
high in sugars. This juice will probably be a problem for diabetics because
of its naturally high sugar content, so if you are diabetic or hypoglycemic
be careful with it.

What I have found after drinking this juice for about a month is it has an
effect almost like medicine on me, like taking a powerful anti-inflammatory
medication. It seems to help my whole body, but my intestines in particular.
I have suffered some accidental gluten exposures in the last month (my
weakness for potato chips and the chip manufacturers’ love of flavored
products that use flour) and the pomegranate juice has helped to alleviate
the symptoms of gluten exposure, and it helps greatly in dealing with the
pain and inflammation after the exposure. I don’t think I am recovering any
faster while drinking the pomegranate juice after a gluten exposure, however
I am in a lot less pain and the bathroom problems seem to be a lot less
severe with the aid of the pomegranate juice.

POM juice, the brand that Safeway has started carrying, has a website full
of information about this juice. They state that it is the highest source of
naturally occurring antioxidants in nature, higher then green tea and red
wine. They go on about the history of pomegranates, its use in health
problems through the ages, etc. I don’t work for POM, not related to anybody
who does work for them, truly I don’t know them from Adam, but you can
access their web site here http://www.pomwonderful.com/home.asp for more
information about the juice. Also if you do Google searches about
pomegranate juice you will find that it has long been used as an aid in
repairing digestive health problems (diarrhea, etc).

As I told my friend from the middle east when I spoke to him about the
results I get with the juice, it seems to suck the inflammation out of my
system, which helps greatly when I am suffering with the inflammation. It
seems to work almost as a medicine with me. I have not seen any one on St.
John’s ever talk about it so here you go. I hope you have as good of results
and luck with this juice as I have.

Jerry Andrews
California, USA