From:
"Simons, Liz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:00:42 -0600

Dear list members and fellow sufferers,

Last night I was searching for information on celiac disease and came across
a web site on a product called Alpha ENF.  The site is:

        http://www.nutramed.com/enfood/enfoodholiday.htm

On this page, they talked about their product, Alpha ENF, which is a "meal
replacement formula" that supplies complete nutrition during what they termed
a "food holiday."  That is, a cleansing program that appears to be gentler on
the system than fasting.  It sounds very appealing, and just what I've been
looking for.  However, the cautious part of me wants to know if there is
anyone out there who has tried this product.  They don't say what it consists
of.  Apparently, it's OK for celiacs--or for most food intolerances.  Sounds
too good to be true?  I don't know.  How is this different from other liquid
meal replacements?  On the one hand, it sounds like a welcome relief from the
constant vigilance of foods that are destructive, giving the gut time to heal
and recover.  On the other hand, my BS detector surfaces, and I ask myself:
Is this expensive formula just another quick weight loss scheme?  And don't
we eventually have to go back to eating regular food?

But I'm desperate enough to give it a try.  I'd like to know if there's
anyone out there who has done so, and what their experiences have been.

They also have a course on other nutritional issues, and one can be trained
to be a nutrition counselor.  It all sounds very good, but I'd like to see
some evidence that they are legit.

Anyone out there done the "food holiday," with or without Alpha ENF?
--Liz