From:
Kristin Breen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristin Breen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:22:26 -0400

Hi all,

I had asked for restaurant recommendations for the central Oregon coast. I
probably got as many emails asking for a summary as I did providing
recommendations. I did get a couple suggestions for along the coast, as well
as some in Portland that I was already aware of. I also got a web site for
Eugene although we won't be visiting there.

Here are the responses:

1) We live in Portland....Here's a place to AVOID for sure Assagios in
Sellwood....They put my Wife in the Hospital!

The places that are a MUST in Portland with NO problems
CORBETT ST FISH HOUSE
GROLLA RESTAURANT (TERRIFIC)
OBA (in pearl district)
And of course PF Changs

The Oregon Coast is a little more difficult....You have to be very careful....The
place I would recommend is The BAY HOUSE....which is great for dinner....
If you make it to Cannon Beach...The Stephanie Inn (for dinner) is TERRIFIC.
Hope this helps...

2) My favorite restaurant in Lincoln City is Kyllo's. I have not eaten there
since I went GF, but it is a seafood restaurant and they generally have food
that I would think could be GF. They also have a spectacular view, being right
on the beach. I have seen lots of kids there.

My favorite restaurant in Newport is April's, although I would not call it kid
friendly. It's more of a romantic dining spot.

3) www.glutenfreeeugene.org