From:
Karen Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:49:13 -0400

The replies were not as many as I had hoped- but here are some
recommendations I received as well as found on my own.

Thrashers Fries on the Boardwalk are GF, but they are not Nut Free. They are
cooked in Peanut oil. So, my daughter could eat them, but my husband who
goes into anaphylactic shock, could not.

Dumsers Ice Cream has flavors that are GF. My daughter only wanted the
chocolate so I know that flavor is ok.

There is a Carrabbas on Rte.50 near the Baja Amusement park.  We did not eat
there, and have heard some skuttle about eating at Carrabba's. As always, be
prepared to explain the situation, no matter how educated a restaurant may
be.

I received recommendations to eat at Watermans Cove, and the Embers
Restaurants.

There are a couple of Outback Steakhouses, which we did go to and enjoyed
the meal immensely.

There are a couple of Natural Food stores- Wholesome Habits which to my
recollection is up on Rte 1 near Bethany Beach. The other store I located is
Ocean City Organics, located on Rte 50 in a little plaza called Beachtree
Station.

Food Lion grocery store does carry GF products- however, the quantity and
types of foods will differ from store to store.

Hope that helps all you beach goers out there..

Karen